Monday, March 15, 2010

T-Two Weeks and Counting

I can't believe the time is almost here. Two weeks from today we leave for Olomouc. We have our apartment, in the Faculty Residences on Vancurova Street. Here is a picture of the Apartment building (let it load all the way, it may take a few seconds). It is right on the tram line and within walking distance of everything.

Things are coming together. I have finished the survey I'm going to use to interview female politicians while I'm there and it is being translated. Small world--the woman doing the translation for me is a Czech woman who lives in Virginia. Come to find out her home town, or native town as she says, is Olomouc, and she attended Palacky University.

This week's task is to plan the lectures I'll give when I'm there on intercultural communication. Something tells me I'll learn more from my students while I'm there than they'll learn from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment