Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"The Land that Vegetables Forgot" -- Anthony Bordain

Anthony Bordain visited Prague and proclaimed it a pork fest; we discovered What he meant first hand today. Our day started with the hotel breakfast of Meats (ham, sausages), cheeses, Scrambled eggs with sausages, and lots of coffee. That definitely held us through miles of walking, and I mean miles today. By the time I Needed a snack around 6:30, WE walked to the Old Town Square for a sausage. You know, That Yummy kind, smothered in mustard and snaps When You Bite Into IT.


And then after our pork induced coma, WE decided to Wander around a bit more... walking. The second pass through Wenceslaus Square, WE SAW IT the vall halla of Deep fried fatty goodness, the famed deep fried cheese sandwich slathered in mayonaise. If you've seen the Prague Episode of "No Reservations," you know what I'm talking about.


Now in case you think all WE did today was walk and eat, well you'd Be Close. However, WE visited the National Museum and Learned That The Treasures of the country include miles and miles of rocks in Some Cases and Stuffed Animals. And lots of old manuscripts That have something to do with the King Wenceslas.


Finally, I did do Some Work Today. I met Misa Appeltova, A Woman Who works for Forum 50%, the NGO That has been very helpful to my research. I Learned a great deal about politics and the roles of Women and Learned more about the press conference I'll Be Attending on Tuesday. Exciting times.

Just an FYI in case you're wondering about the strange capitalization or oddities about my writing - My browser thinks it's Czech. Sometimes Czech capitalizes nouns, for example, and my browser thinks it's being helpful. I'm tired of Changing it back - I've done so Three times now - so we're just going with it.

Time for bed. We Have an early train to Olomouc WHERE Tomorrow begins a new adventure. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment